Things You Should Know about Hawaii Five-0 2.0
The reincarnation of Hawaii Five-0 premiers Monday, September 20, 2010 on CBS. For dedicated fans of the long-time running cop show, there are a few things you should know.
1. This isn't your father's Hawaii Five-0. Expect pyro-technics, improbable chase scenes and high-tech gadgets.
2. The pilot, which premiers nationwide on CBS this Monday, September 20, premiered on Waikiki Beach a week earlier in front of a crowd of 2,000; 5,000; 7,000 or 10,000 fans, depending on which media outlet you read. But, actually, Hawaiian Airlines pre-empted the Waikiki premier. At 30,000 feet.
3. Soap operas still exist on TV. Just not the daytime ones. So, don't expect the crime in the opening scene to be solved. Ever.
4. The tired line "Book 'em, Danno," is shoehorned into what otherwise is lively dialogue.
5. There are plenty of other reinventions. All your favorite characters are back plus one: a bikini-clad cop. (I guess the producers couldn't resist.) And, best of all, the theme song. It's been refreshed, but it'll still bounce around in your head long after the credits roll.