Hana Got Adopted!
Good news: Hana got adopted. She is now living in Ohio. Of all places. Here’s the story:
1. I spent an afternoon with Hana as part of the Kauai Humane Society
’s doggie field trip program.
2. I wrote about it and published our adventure here
3. The Kauai Humane Society posted the story’s link on their Facebook page.
4. A woman in Ohio saw it, clicked on the link and read the blog post. Then, she decided to open her heart and home to Hana.
5. Hana boarded a plane late Tuesday evening and arrived in Ohio on Wednesday morning. And get this: She met up with another Kauai dog named Nani who had been adopted by this same family earlier this year when they were vacationing on Kauai.
There are not enough Facebook “Like” buttons in the world to express my joy. Hana is home for the holidays. Woot. Woo hoo. Hooray. Hoorah. Hallelujah. Amen. Glory be. You get the idea.
The list of people to thank is long. My friend Pam the Pettler told me about the field trip program and chose Hana for me. Brandy at Kauai Humane Society made Hana’s air travel reservations. Mana chauffeured Hana to the airport. A whole slew of other people have fed Hana, cleaned her kennel, taken her for walks and field trips and given her pets and love over the six months she spent at Kauai Humane Society. And, of course, I would like to thank a woman named Laura who lives in Ohio. Thank you, Laura.